August 26

About Me

I’m a teacher, husband, father, educator, musician, creator.

I love my job and this year I’m teaching all technology/computer classes!  Life is good!

This blog is mainly to set my daily goals for students, so in general this blog will be much more useful to students in my school, and not so much for the world wide web.

a picture of Mr. Guiles

Thinking about coming back to school.

Well, I hope you have all had a GREAT summer.  My summers have been filled with family, Netflix, a new puppy, and music.

My hope is that each of you will feel and BE successful in my class.  I think you will find that you will be.

Just as a way of introduction let me tell you a bit about myself:  I’ve been married for 23 years, have three awesome kids, and have been teaching here at Lone Hill for 23 years.  My first real job was delivering pizza.  My second job I worked at Fiesta Village (batting cages, miniature golf, and water slides).  Many years later I found my home here at Lone Hill and haven’t looked back.  (Although, I DID love the free pizzas…)

I am also a musician.  You can find out more about my music by visiting either of these websites:  New Cool Now or Steven Wesley Guiles.  You can also search for my albums on iTunes or CDBaby or Amazon.  I’ve been doing music since I was in high school.  You can also listen to a lot of my music here at Bandcamp.  I was in a band called Pushstart Wagon that got radio play on KROQ and had songs featured in MTV Real World and several other shows.

I sometimes write songs in class.  Watch out!  I can be pretty silly sometimes

But enough about me.  Tell me about YOU!  There’s a comment button at the top of this post.  It either says “no comments” or “1 comment” etc.  Just click it and then leave me a comment.   Please don’t leave your full name if you are a studnet, since that’s just not cybersafe.  Feel free to leave your first name and last initial.

30 thoughts on “About Me

1. Mr. Guiles (Post author)

LOL. I JUST saw this. You might not see my response, but you should go to the school website and email me! I’d love to hear from you. 🙂

2. Christopher Bennett

Hey Mr. Guiles it’s Christopher Bennett from Lone Hill class of 2013 it’s kind of crazy that it’s been almost 10 years since I first took your class in the third trimester of 2012. I was randomly scrolling through Tic Tok when I heard this song Up & Down by Marnik and enjoyed it so much I looked up the music video which was a bunch of kids in it and it reminded me of the videos I used to help you film way back then. So after finding myself on your YouTube channel to watch some of the old videos I wanted to check in and let you know that my little brother class of 2016 and myself both your former students are doing well. He is fixing jets in Japan with the Air Force and has been in for a little over a year and I do Las enforcement for the Navy and will be stationed in Romania in Mach and have almost been in for four years. I find myself trying to remember some of what you taught me as I am now starting to stream on twitch and I just wanted to thank you for being one of the many great parts of my childhood and all that you taught me.

3. Mr. Guiles (Post author)

Oh wow! I JUST saw this in April of 2021. So, yeah, sorry I missed your comment. I think the pandemic slowed my response a little.

4. Amber Kempf (Patterson)

I’m pretty sure I was in your first class at Lone Hill. Glad to see you’re still there!

5. Mr. Guiles (Post author)

Hey Julian,

I don’t have a favorite car…but, the 70 Charger maybe.
    I don’t know what jdm is. You’ll have to tell me. 🙂

6. julian mauri

hey its me julian the joy division kid. which car do you like the most. 1970 charger rt or 1971 challenger rt. or are you a jdm fanboy?

7. Jake

You da best Mr. Gee!!!!!!! I love yur class and I hope all the sixth graders next year have as much fun as I did!!!

From,
    Jake S 😛

8. Mr. Guiles (Post author)

Search for Mr. Gee and then Super Silly Songs
    There’s another guy named Mr. Gee that does music as well…but our music is VERY different.

9. Cruz Aidan

mr.gulies Is AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. danielb

i love being in your class it is real fun so far i cant wait to see what we will be doing throughout the school year. And you are a good teacher as well as all the other ones that i have but your class is fun and i coulden’t wait to see if i got your class i hope i have a good year at lonehill

11. Michelle

not really hahahahahahahah jk yay! tttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Mr. guiles your the best teacher ever!:D and yes this is my 3rd comment >:D haha! okay bye again

12. Michelle Pourzand:D

Hi Mr.Guiles:D hahahaxD your picture is funny haha( in a non affensive way(: well im gunna goo

From your favorite student ever:D.! michelle^.^